Forbes Marshall carried out a detailed study of the plant, determined areas of concern and redesigned the entire steam system. Following changes were implemented in the new design :
- SteaMon vortex flowmeter for steam flow monitoring incorporated.
- The 26 MF dryers were divided into 06 thermal groups, with 06 individual pressure control stations and PID-based control valves.
- Steam header for thermal groups equipped with compact module thermodynamic trap, air vent, pressure gauge and piston valve.
- Each of the MF dryers equipped with a complete single orifice float trap based steam trapping solution.
- Separate flash vessels to optimize flash steam recovery at pre-section and post-section.
- Multivalve steam operated condensate pump MV55 to pump hot condensate.