Steam traps are an indispensable part of steam systems as they remove the condensate as soon as it is formed. In the course of operation, keeping track of trap performance and repairing/replacing leaking or waterlogged trap becomes unfeasible due to the large number of traps installed.
Recognized as Innovative Energy Saving Product at the CII 10th National Award for Excellence, Wireless Trap Monitoring System is a network for monitoring the health of steam traps at dispersed locations in a plant. It is a wireless network of steam traps that:
- Provides alarm when there is a Steam Leak in Steam Trap
- Provides alarm when trap is Water Logged and it is not ejecting the condensate
- Monitors the condensate temperature online to check the health status of the trap
- Monitors and reports the overall plant status, steam loss, monetary loss, deviation from the benchmarks, etc. via a centralized web based Graphical Interface
- Analyses online data on the backend to intelligently generate the reports that enable the user to take decisions on existing plant condition
This system is based on the principles of Wireless Sensor networks which involve Sensors, Routers and Coordinators. This forms a cluster tree network of devices where sensor is child and router or coordinator is parent.
A sensor measures the steam temperature and conductivity and decides the trap fault based on algorithm built in the sensor electronics
- Centralized web based Graphical Interface
- Database management of traps according to area, type, faults, pressure & temp and Size
- Online monitoring of Steam Loss & Monetary Loss – Daily, Monthly, Yearly basis
- Field Mountable IP 65 rating.
- Battery operated sensor – no need of an external power source, plus long battery life – 4 to 5 years
- Online computation energy loss or savings due to leaking steam traps.
- The complete trap health analysis generated by the system gives overall status of steam traps.
- Various Analysis Reports enable user to take decision related to Plant Maintenance