Requirements of Turbine Bypass System:
• Protection of Condenser against excessive Pressure & Temperature.
• Partial Bypass to maintain steady upstream pressure when Turbine runs back to house load.
• Efficient matching of steam & turbine metal temperatures during cold, warm & hot start up cycles.
• To prevent boiler pressure fluctuations in case of Turbine trip or load rejection.
• To avoid the lifting of HP safety relief valve & condensate loss.
• Cooling of final superheating in case of falling pressure application.
• Controlled pressure build up during start up operation or in the event of Turbine Trip.