Forbes Marshall conducted a detailed survey of the plant to
identify avenues to reduce energy consumption by 15%.
The plan was implemented in two phases :
Phase 1: Stop Wastage
- Proper steam trap management
- Accurate pressure and temperature control
- Feedwater management
- Recovery of blowdown heat
- Redundant steam lines
- Improvement in condensate recovery factor
In this phase uptime was improved by 5.6%, with 4.8%
reduction in energy wastage.
Phase 2: Optimise Efficiency
- Proper capacity utilisation of the boiler; avoiding
- Improvement in boiler efficiency