Position requires thorough knowledge of Electrical, instrumentation design and engineering techniques, as well as AutoCAD drafting skills. Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Plan new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards.
1. Understanding of Customer requirements and ensure delivery to these requirements.
2. A thorough understanding of Control and Instrumentation. Instrument drawings, data sheets, I/O wiring diagrams, P&IDs, specifications, Load Calculations, etc.
3. Hands on electrical experience and ability to produce electrical schematics.
4. Experience of selecting and specifying instrumentation, Transmitters and sensors. Can select the instruments on the basis of process inputs & vendor catalogs.
5. Experience of sourcing and specifying controls hardware and Instrumentations. Like Solenoid Valves, Temperature switches, Pressure switches, Transmitters, Analysers, Electrical components like Relays, Contactors, Isolators, Motors, Scanners,
6. Work on multiple development topics and projects as required
7. Requires extensive and independent contact with Clients, vendors representatives and commissioning field personnel.
8. Overtime may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
9. Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to visit a Clients office or site for technical discussion & commissioning.
10. Hands on AutoCAD drafting.
11. PC literate with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills.
12. Oracle R12 experience will be an added advantage.